Family Pharmacy: Easy, convenient, friendly
Tired of waiting hours to get a prescription filled? King’s Daughters Family Pharmacy in Portsmouth is working to eliminate the wait, filling most prescriptions in 15 minutes or less.
Located on the first floor inside King’s Daughters Medical Center Ohio, 2001 Scioto Trail, King's Daughters Family Pharmacy offers patients an alternative to the impersonal big-box pharmacy.
“Talking with patients one-to-one, counseling them, and helping them understand their medications is the hallmark of King’s Daughters Family Pharmacy,” said Craig Hazelbaker, R.Ph., staff pharmacist.
“When patients call us to ask about a medication or request a refill, they talk to a real person, not punch in digits on a telephone key pad,” Hazelbaker noted. Certified pharmacy technician Debbie McClellan assists Hazelbaker. Both have worked in pharmacies in Portsmouth for nearly two decades.
The Family Pharmacy, which opened in August 2013, carries the most commonly prescribed medications. “Less frequently prescribed medications can be ordered and are generally available within a business day,” he added.
The Family Pharmacy is open 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Pharmacy:
- Sends text messages to patients when prescriptions are ready
- Can set up maintenance medications on auto refill
- Accepts most prescription drug plans
- Offers very competitive pricing
- Accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, cash and checks
- Receives electronic prescription orders through physician offices
- Provides assistance with prescription transfers
- Checks for drug interactions and provides personalized counseling
- Stocks over-the-counter medications and sundries
For more information, please call (740) 991-1201.